Last May, several members of the DHS Class of 2016 walked out of the Turner Agri-Civic Center with more money than they had when they walked in.
Scholarships totaling $682,690 were awarded to members of the class by local businesses, local service organizations, local civic organizations and in memory of local residents.
Several colleges, universities, the Merchant Marines and Take Stock in Children also provided many 2 year and 4 year scholarships to members of the class.
This speaks volumes for the community of DeSoto County and the DeSoto Education Foundation is proud to be a partner with 19 of these donors.
New Scholarships for 2017:
- Jill C. Edwards Nursing Scholarship – $2000
- L & E Scholarship – $200
- Walt Banuall Scholarship
- Keith Carlton Cross Country Scholarship – (2) $500
Other Scholarships – managed by the foundation:
- 5 in ’85 Scholarship
- Carol McQuay Memorial Scholarship
- Cay Mann Memorial Scholarship
- Bodacious Memorial Scholarship
- Joshua Citrus Ag Scholarship
- PhosChem Supply Company Scholarship
- The Florida Section of SME(Society of Mining,Metallurgy and Exploration)
- James Westberry Scholarship
- Victoris Blandin Memorial Scholarship
- Ag-Fest Scholarship
- 20th Century Literary Club Scholarship
- Susie Brewer Memorial Scholarship
- Womack Sanitation Scholarship
- Suncoast Credit Union Scholarship
- Teen Court Scholarship
- Peace River Valley Citrus Growers Assocation
- Carl McKettrick Memorial Scholarship
- Change for a Change Community Scholarship
Attention Comunity Members:
The DeSoto County Education Foundation is pleased to be able to offer this service to donors for no fee. If you have an interest in establishing a scholarship, the foundation will be more than happy to help you with the process. The scholarship could be from:
- your business,
- local social organization, or
- in honor of a family member or friend.
DCEF is committed to making the process simple and transparent. There is no cost associated with this service. We believe that you will find our process to be very simple. Learn more about creating a scholarship.
Attention Graduating High School Seniors!!!
Return all applications and any attachments NO LATER THAN 3:30 p.m. on Friday, March 10, 2017 to:
- Mrs. Cynthia Mizell, DHS Principal’s Secretary, or
- email Sara Walker …..firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact one of the following for more information:
- email Cynthia Mizell, the guidance counselor at DeSoto High School or call 863-494-3434,
- email Arah Show at the district county office or call 863-494-4222, or
- email Sara Walker, the Executive Director of the DeSoto County Education Foundation or call 941-628-9780.