If you have an interest in establishing a scholarship, the foundation will be more than happy to help you with the process.
We try to make the process simple and transparent and there is no cost associated with this service.
- Anytime – Donor completes a 2017 DCEF Scholarship Criteria Agreement Form and emails it to email@example.com.
- December – DCEF Scholarships are listed on the high school website and seniors are notified of the scholarships.
- December, January, & February – Donor mails check to the foundation for award amount (check must be received at least 60 days prior to Award Ceremony (which is scheduled for the end of May) – DCEF, PO Box 1903, Arcadia, FL 34265
- March 31– At the end of the application process, copies of the applications are sent to the respective donors.
- April 20 – Donors complete and email the 2017-18 Scholarship Recipient Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May – Students are presented the scholarships at the DHS Awards Ceremony. Students receive information explaining the enrollment verification process..
- June, July & August – Students must provide PROOF of ENROLLMENT with an acceptance letter from institution, address of Office of Admission, and college student ID number.
Scholarship checks are written to the college Office of Admissions for the student.
Students, please allow for 2-3 weeks of turnaround time for your funds to appear in your student account.
Additional Information for Donors:
- Unless directed otherwise, all funds are given to the institution.
- If the scholarship is for multiple years, the original award letter would state this and the conditions for the subsequent year’s payments.
- Donors can request a status of their scholarship account.
- There is no fee associated with this service by the foundation. 100% of the funds that are donated will be distributed to students.
Please email or call (941-628-9780) Sara Walker, the Executive Director, for additional information and the necessary forms.