If you have an interest in establishing a scholarship, the foundation will be more than happy to help you with the process. We try to make the process simple and transparent and there is no cost associated with this service.
We believe that you will find our process to be very simple:
- Donor completes the Scholarship Criteria form and returns to the foundation
- DCEF Director sends Criteria form to DHS and it is placed on high school website and seniors are notified of the scholarship
- At the end of the application process (usually around the end of March), copies of all applications for your scholarship are sent to the donor(s)
- Donor(s) make the selection of scholarship recipient and notifies the foundation
- Donor mails check to the foundation for award amount ( check must be received 30 days prior to Award Ceremony which is scheduled for the last week in May )
- Student receives an award letter from DCEF at Awards Ceremony stating their responsibility in receiving the scholarship
- We ask for an acceptance letter from institution / address of Office of Admission / student ID #
- When the student brings this information to the Finance Department at the school district, a check is written to the Office of Admissions for the student
- Unless directed otherwise, all funds are given to the institution
- If the scholarship is for multiple years, the original award letter would state this and the conditions for the subsequent year’s payments
- Updates are provided to the donors as to the status of their account
There is no fee associated with this service by the foundation. 100% of the funds donated are distributed to students.
Please email or call (863-303-1393) the Executive Director for additional information and the necessary forms.