Verify Funds (March 2018)
Donors, check the balance that is noted in your email. If your balance is below the scholarship amount, please send in the adequate funds. Mail scholarship checks to DCEF, PO Box 1903, Arcadia, FL 34266.
Pick Up the Student Applications (March 26th-30th)
For local donors in Arcadia, your packet of scholarship applications will be at the front desk of the DeSoto County School District office.
For the out-of-state donors, I will send an electronic copy of the scholarship applications to the email address on file.
Choose Your Recipient (April 1st – 24th)
*It is recommended that a committee chooses the recipient(s), not one person.
Each donor will need to complete a Scholarship Recipient Form that includes a signature by the donor (for auditing purposes) and email it to Sara Walker at email@example.com.
Email the Scholarship Recipient Form (attached) by APRIL 25, 2018.
Attend the Ceremony (May 17, 2018)
DHS Class of 2018 Awards & Scholarship Ceremony will be held May 17th at 6:30 at the Turner Center.
- A board member of the DCEF will read the description of the scholarship on stage. (We have these descriptions on file, but if you would like it changed, please send us an updated description of your scholarship.)
- The donor will present a scholarship certificate (provided by DCEF at the awards’ night) to the student. The certificate folder will also include a letter to the student regarding the college enrollment verification process as well as the procedures necessary to receive their funds.
- A photo opportunity will be available off stage at the ceremony.
Students Receive the Funds (June – August 2018)
Each student recipient is responsible for emailing the following information to Sara Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org. DCEF will distribute funds directly to a college or university.
- college enrollment verification with a college student ID number and
- the address to the college registrar’s office.